Single allowance for separated parents: Isee and requirements

The Universal Single Allowance is a support for families with dependent children, but the regulation becomes more difficult to understand if the parents separate, the family unit and the ISEE change, here are some tips.

According to statistics, almost one in two marriages end in divorce and the frequent presence of children does not make things easier from a legal and tax point of view. The Universal Single Allowance changes radically when you pass from a couple to two separated parents.

Individual allowance for separated parents –

What is the universal single check

The Allocation d’épargne is a support measure for families with dependent children up to the age of 21, provided that certain conditions are met. The amount varies according to the economic status of the family unit, the calculation is based on the valid ISEE presented and on the number and all situations of disability of the children.

It is called a single universal allowance because it is distributed to all families with children, even if at a minimum, with an ISEE over 40 thousand euros and without an ISEE. The guaranteed amount is between a minimum of 50 euros and a maximum of 175 euros per household.

All families who fit this description can access the support:

  • Presence of at least one dependent or pregnant minor child (in this case it is paid from the seventh month of pregnancy)
  • Presence of at least one dependent child under the age of 21 who:
    • You attend school or vocational training, or a course;
    • does an internship or a job and has a total income of less than 8 thousand euros per year;
    • is registered as unemployed and is looking for a job with the public employment services;
    • practice universal civil service;
  • Presence of at least one dependent child with disabilities, without age limits.
single universal allowance for separated parents -
single universal allowance for separated parents –

How will the allowance for separated parents change?

If you separate and decide for some parent you will be entrusted with the custody of the child, or children, you must use the ISEE where it is entered, that is, of the parent to whom it was entrusted and with whom he lives. The ISEE and the heritage of the other parent will not affect absolutely, but if the custody is shared between the separated parents, the allowance must be divided between the two, dividing the amount by 50%. In the latter case, the ISEE to be used is that of the family unit in which the child is.

The INPS will then proceed with autonomous checks on the tax code of the child and will understand the amount provided based on the reference ISEE. For more information, visit the website and search for the “Single and universal allocation for dependent children” service.

Leave a Comment