The teacher recruitment revolution is becoming a reality and will be the sixth in the last 20 years. At the end of April, the Council of Ministers adopted the Miur reformintegrated into the NRP from which it receives significant financial resources, which are however invested in the improvement of school buildings.
From that moment on, however, the political struggle began, even more inflamed by the national teachers’ strike of 30 May. Many parties have taken up the protest and have presented hundreds of amendments to Parliament in recent weeks.
So the situation is changing and something is going to change, but on certain issues the government has made such a point that it cannot go back and if there are changes, they will be minimal. We talk about topics like training duration or qualification internships.
During the situation of the 24 CFUs must be carefully monitored. They are to become 60, half of whom come from the internship. It is reasonable to think that those who have already achieved it, or who have already achieved a part, see it recognized in the theoretical part, to compensate with the remaining credits.
School reform, the planned recruitment system
The law currently provides for a structured recruitment system Step 3:
- enable way initial training of 60 CFU / CFA, completed by written test and oral test with simulated lesson;
- national public competitionconducted on a regional or interregional basis with written and oral tests and evaluation of qualifications;
- a probationary period in service for one year with final test and final evaluation.
Regarding the written test, the Minister of Education Patrizio Bianchi announced that ie.The system of cross answers is set aside: “From 2025 onwards, we will return to open questions”.
School reform, requirements to participate in the competition
- For common places of secondaryGrades I and II: Completion (Master or Single-Cycle Master) + specific learning qualification for the competition class
- For the common places of practical technical teacher: Degree + specific learning qualification for the competition class
- For the Support posts: overcome the specialization courses provided for educational support activities for children with disabilities
Reform school, participate in competitions without qualification
Another option for participating in the competition, but not in support, is that of oneserved three years, even if not continuously, in the previous five, within the deadline for submitting applications for participation in the competition.
Therefore, this is an opportunity for unqualified applicants, in possession of only entry qualification. The qualification will be obtained later.
The decree does not specify at the moment at what level of education the service must be provided or whether it must be at least one year or more specific, ie in the class of participation in the competition.
School reform, transition phase
One last channel to recruit will be this Transitional wait for the new reform to run at full capacity. This channel will remain active until 2024 and should lead to the recruitment of 70,000 teachers.
The path of the transition phase allows those with a master’s degree and 30 university and academic training credits access to the learning courses.
Also in this, in order to then study in public schools, you have to take the exam year with a final evaluation test. If you overcome it, you will be admitted to the role.