A parent writes to us complaining about the inefficient communication of his child’s school; the reunion with the families would not have been a circular topic, but just the day before a Whatsapp message, so without adequate notice. Is it legitimate? Finally, the annual plan of the activities includes the institutional commitments of the teachers and therefore the receptions with the parents. In the presence of such a document, can the teacher avoid issuing a circular recollection of the interview?
Annual plan of the activities of the teachers
The annual plan of the activities of the teachers sets out the set of organizational and administrative conditions that are necessary for the realization of the pedagogical and didactic planning of the school. It is prepared by the teacher, on the basis of all the proposals of the collegiate bodies, and contains the annual calendar of the teachers’ collective work commitments, including school-family meetings.
The annual plan of activities, which includes the work responsibilities of teachers of a collegial nature and functional for the learning activities, must be prepared and approved at the beginning of the school year before the start of the course. Different opinions about who MP is to vote for the plan, whether the college or the boss. The most common practice is that it is the first to approve it after the arrangement of the second. Some associations of school principals, on the other hand, argue that the issue lies within the dean’s organizational management competence and that it should only inform or discuss the trade union party, therefore the plan should not be subject to a final resolution. the approval of the Board of Directors.
Article 28, Section 4, of the CCNL 2007 reports what has just been described:
The teaching staff’s work responsibilities are divided into learning activities and activities functional for the teaching performance. Prior to the start of the course, the school director, on the basis of any suggestions made by the collegiate bodies, prepares the annual plan of the activities and the consistent commitments of the teaching staff, which are given in writing and the additional activities. The plan, including work commitments, is approved by teachers as part of the planning of didactic-pedagogical action and with the same procedure, it is changed during the school year to meet new needs. Information on this plan is provided to the unions. and art referred to. 7. “
Forms of school-family communication. The pedagogical pact of co-responsibility and school regulations
The pedagogical pact of co-responsibility
The relationship between school and family and the shared responsibility of responsibility in the education and training of students are set out in the document. Educational Co-responsibility Accord, signed by the caregiver and by the teacher, upon registration; everyone undertakes in his role to share his content and to respect his dictates. The sharing of goals, respect for roles, decision-making procedures and taking responsibility, as well as the quality of the teacher / parent, teaching staff / teaching staff, teaching staff / student relationships represent quality factors of the school.
We have consulted various co-responsibility agreements of the institutional sites of the schools. Here is a very general excerpt:
The Institute undertakes:
- provide a qualified cultural and vocational education, in order to respect the plurality of ideas, the identity of each student;
- provide an environment conducive to the integral growth of the person, guarantee a high-quality didactic service in a quiet and safe pedagogical environment, favor the training process of all students, respect their rhythms and learning times;
- provide concrete initiatives for the recovery of delays and disadvantages, to promote pedagogical success and to combat early schooling as well as to promote merit;
- promoting full integration of students with disabilities, promoting welcome and integration initiatives for foreign students, stimulating reflections and activating pathways aimed at the well-being and protection of students’ health;
- guarantee maximum transparency in assessments and communications by maintaining a constant relationship with families.
The School Rules and the School-Family Relations section
Similar to the above, an excerpt from an institute regulation focusing on the forms of school-family communication:
- The school’s communications with the families take place through announcements posted on the school’s notice board, with written communications from the department’s department or with a written note in the student diary and / or notebooks. Especially for announcements and strikes and trade union meetings, which cause changes in the regular hours, the school also puts up signs and notices outside the school.
- Communications that depart from the management office and relate to the organizational aspects of the service or activities of strong external relevance are made directly by the manager, with an individual copy to be provided to the students.
- Communications of a personal or collective nature that come from the teachers of the class are reported in the diary or notebook of the student. Parents are required to sign these communications promptly and teachers are required to review any non-compliance and provide a sudden reminder.
- All communication related to the school – family will be seen on the site
from the school www …
- Communication is also provided via the electronic register bulletin board. Therefore, parents are invited at the beginning of the school year to ask for the registration information from the secretariat.
- To make parents’ participation more meaningful, the school offers moments of meetings and discussions throughout the school year, according to a calendar set each year, based on the activity plans of the three school levels and the families through Notices will be communicated.
Circular: How many days notice?
Due to current consolidated practice, the meeting will take place with a minimum notice of not less than 5 days.
This practice is supported by CM 105/1975 (Circular which must be a mandatory reference if the school does not provide for the procedure for calling the collegiate bodies in the school regulations), which stipulates in Article 1: “The convocation of the collegiate body must be arranged with adequate notice – in principle not less than 5 days – with respect to the date of the meetings.
School-family reunions can be seen as collegial appeals. So the notice must be at least 5 days.
Not circular but just a Whatsapp message. Legitimate?
Of course, it is not possible to replace institutional channels that are intended as communication of something to the actors of the institute, such as the school website, the electronic register with the Whatsapp messaging application. In the case described, however, this is not the case: the meeting was properly planned in the annual plan of the teachers and activities and the vice-dean reminded via chat of the pre-arranged meeting.
“The school manager is responsible for the unitary management of the institution, has the legal representation of it, is responsible for the management of the financial and instrumental resources and the results of the service. In line with the competencies of fellow school bodies, the school principal has autonomous leadership, coordination and improvement of human resources. In particular, the teacher organizes the school activity according to efficiency criteria and of training efficiency and is the owner of trade union relations. “
A school manager who wants to promote social cohesion in his school and who wants to improve and respect the content of documents such as the pedagogical pact of co-responsibility and school rules, must act differently, even if he issues a circular to the assembly remember. planned in the annual plan of activities is a consolidated practice in the schools and which lasts a few minutes, also through digital technologies. We do not know how it went; there may have been a surveillance attempt to repair over the Whatsapp message sent the day before.
It is a matter of opportunity, of preventing possible dissatisfaction in the territory, misunderstandings, organization of families, who often make significant sacrifices to pursue their children for work reasons. In our opinion, the Deputy Director’s response to the parents should be:
“The circular was not issued because the school-family meeting is planned in the plan d’activités de ls proffen, which is visible on the school institute’s website already in the first weeks of the year. Although the teacher has reminded the school community many times, including the families, through formal communications / co-responsibility pact and school regulation and informal review of the document periodically, so as not to forget the commitments made, I ask the same for issuing a circulation. for the next opportunity to optimize the efficiency of the school organization. “
However, the same level of commitment must be present in the families who have to check the electronic register and / or the school website every day or almost every day. It is what is often included in school documents where sentences like constant relationship with families, timely communication and / or with adequate notice, fruitful collaboration between parents, teachers and managersare constantly reported.