To the future secondary competitions held by the DL n. 36/2022, which contains urgent measures for the implementation of the PNRR, unqualified teachers can participate with three years of service. What needs to be specified.
New initial training and recruitment system
The so-called Legislative Decree 36/2022 amended the initial education system and access to the role of the first and second teachers of the high school, defined by Legislative Decree n. 59/2017.
The new system is divided into:
- a university and academic qualification course of initial education with final examinations, corresponding to not less than 60 CFU / CFA, in which theoretical and practical skills are acquired by aspiring teachers;
- a national public competition held on a regional or interregional basis;
- an annual test period in service with final testing and final evaluation.
New teacher recruitment: training, qualification, competition, role recruitment. SYNTHESIS
The requirements for participation in the competition are as follows:
1. First and second grade Secondary common places:
- Closing (Master or Single-Cycle Master or Second-level AFAM diploma or equivalent or equivalent qualification, consistent with the contest classes and force on the date of the contest call) + specific learning qualification for the competition class
2. Common positions of the technical-practical teacher:
- Closing or Diploma Level 1. AFAM or equivalent or equivalent qualification, consistent with the contest classes and force on the call date of the contest + specific teaching qualification for the competition class
3. Support Posts:
- overcome by the ways of Specialization for the activities of support didactic for students with disabilities
4. three school years of service, even if not continuous, completed within the deadline for submitting applications for participation in the competition in the last five years, assessed according to Article 11/14 of Law no. 124/99 (of course with the qualification for access to the competition class)
5. Transition phase (until 31 December 2024), during which it is possible to participate in the competition with the following conditions (in addition to those listed above):
- pedagogical qualification Access to the competition class (see grades mentioned above) + at least 30 CFU / CFA of the university and the academic path of initial education and qualification above, which consists of a total of 60 CFU / CFA. A portion of the above 30 credits must be an immediate internship.
Participation with service only
As reported in point 4 above, applicants who: have, within the time limit for the submission of applications to participate in the competition itself, a service with state educational institutes for at least three school years, even if not continuously, done in the previous five years, assessed in accordance with Article 11, Section 14, of the Law of 3 May 1999, n. 124.
Therefore, it is structurally provided that applicants with only the service requirement (and access qualification) can participate in the competition (common places), which have the following characteristics:
- the year of service must be three, in the last five years;
- the service may also not be continuous;
- the service must be done in public schools;
- the service is provided in accordance with Article 11, Section 14, of Law no. 124/99, on the basis of which by pension of the service, we must mean the service that is delivered for at least 180 days or the service that is delivered continuously from February 1st until the end of the review operations (or at the end of the pedagogical activities for the primary school, such as the Ministry of Education with the note 7526 of 24 July 2014, in the specific case, not interested because it is a competition for the secondary).
We note that the decree does not specify:
- at what level of education the service must be provided, therefore it could be provided at any level of education (child, primary and secondary), as long as it is in public schools;
- if at least one year of service (or more) must be specific, ie in the competition class for participation in the competition, for which every three years in each degree and class of the competition can be performed regardless of that ( Competition class) participation, provided it is conducted in public schools.
Considering that the decree still needs to be reviewed by Parliament in order to make its implementation into law, what has been said above, particularly in point 2, can be amended or clarified. We are therefore awaiting the parliamentary passage to confirm or not what has been reported.
We remind you that the above-mentioned teachers will receive the qualification during the first year of employment with a fixed contract, (reach 30 CFU / CFA of the university and academic qualification course of the initial education, after the final exam at the end of the same way).
NB: decree n. 36/2022 still has to pass the scrutiny of Parliament to be transposed into law, so some content may change from the same.
Recruitment Decree, assigned to the Constitutional Affairs and Education Committees of the Senate. The calendar of works. DOWNLOAD PDF with all useful information
TEXT OF THE DECRET [PDF]