The new training, initial and recruitment system, represented by Legislative Decree no. 36/2022, amended and Act no. 79/2022, concerns first and second high school teachers of common post, including technical-practical teachers. What is the last planned school year for 2024/25? What requirements are needed after the above school year?
The new system of initial training and role access for secondary school teachers is divided into:
- a university and academic qualification course of initial education corresponds to not less than 60 CFU / CFA
- a national public competition held on a regional or interregional basis
- an annual test period in service with final test and final evaluation
Teachers with the following qualifications can follow the path described in point 1:
- Master’s or single-cycle degree or 2nd level AFAM diploma or equivalent or equivalent qualification, consistent with the contest classes and force on the date of call to the contest (common places);
- Degree or AFAM 1st level diploma or equivalent or equivalent title, consistent with the competition classes and force on the date of call for competition (ITP)
Teachers owned by:
- Qualification + qualification for the specific class of the competition or qualification + three years of service (assessed according to Art.11 / 14 of Law No. 124/1999) in public schools, one of those in the specific class of the competition / type of place for Participation in the competition, will be from the date of submission of applications;
- until 31 December 2024 (transitional phase), possessing a qualification + 30 CFU / CFA from the university course or 24 CFU in anthropo-psycho-pedagogical disciplines and in learning methodologies and technologies (required by the previous system for access to the competition) until October 31, 2022 received.
Won the Contest:
- Qualified teachers are employed for an indefinite period of time and are subject to an annual probationary period in the service, the positive completion of which determines the current entry into the role, ie confirmation in the role (the probationary period ends with a final test and evaluation of the Teacher);
- unqualified teachers who participate “structurally” under the above three years of service, sign a replacement contract with the USR, to which the chosen school belongs, and must receive at least 30 CFU / CFA between those who attend the university and the ‘to complete academic courses of initial education (for participating teachers with the requirement of 3 years of service). After obtaining the qualification (with the acquisition of the said CFU), the teachers are employed for an indefinite period and are subject to the annual test period in the service, the positive completion of which determines the final entry into the role;
- unqualified teachers participating in the transition phase (therefore with a qualification of at least 30 CFU / CFA or 24 CFU / CFA reached by 31 October 2022), sign an annual replacement agreement with the USR, to which the chosen school, and completed the university and the academic course of initial education. With the passport of the final test of the university and the academic initial training course, the winners receive the learning qualification and are thus engaged for an indefinite period, as well as the annual test period in service, the positive passage of which determines the final entry into the Roll.
The technical-practical teachers, until the school year 2024/25, participate in the competition with only the diploma, which gives access to the competition class, as we read in the new art. 5/2 of Legislative Decree 59/2017, introduced by Art. 44 of Legislative Decree 36/22, which sets out the requirements for participation in the competition for the aforementioned teaching staff:
Without prejudice to the provisions of paragraph 2 of Article 22in relation to the positions of the technical-practical teacher, the possession of a diploma or the diploma of high-level artistic, musical and dance education, or an equivalent or equivalent title, consistent with the classes, a prerequisite for the Participation in the competition competition and force on the date of the competition call and with the final profile of the professional competencies of the technical-practical teacher qualified in the specific competition classes, and of the specific teaching qualification for competition class.
Article 22, Section 2, of Legislative Decree 59/2017 provides, as mentioned above, that ITPs participate in the competition with only the diploma:
The requirements referred to in Article 5, paragraph 2 (the one above), are required for participation in competitions announced after the school year 2024/2025. Until then, the requirements for the positions of practice technicians remain unchanged the current legislation provides for competition classes.
We would like to point out that in legislation 36/22, while the participation of ITPs is provided with only the diploma (therefore without qualification until 2024/25), nothing is said about the possible attainment of qualification after employment. , as who participates. without the title mentioned above.
During the Transition phase, introduced by Legislative Decree 36 (until 31 December 2024), In addition, ITPs can participate in the competition if they have at least 30 CFU / CFA of the above route or 24 CFU / CFA, required by the previous system and obtained from October 31, 2022, without prejudice to the possession of the required qualification (although not specified in the DL, we believe that in this case a three-year degree is required). After being engaged on a fixed basis (for the winners of the competition), they complete the university and the academic courses of the initial education, then they get the teaching qualification and are engaged for an indefinite period of time, as well as subject to it. annual trial period in service, which positively overcome by which determines the final entry into the role.
When you Reform will go fully operationalon the other hand, to become an ITP teacher, you must: in possession of a three-year degree or first level AFAM diplomalike this follow the Way University and qualified academic of initial formation, participate in the competition In the pass the trial period (after being employed for an indefinite period). Alternatively it is possible: to participate in the competition with the three years of service, then be employed on a fixed basis, achieve 30 CFU / CFA among those who make up the university and the academic path of initial education, then be hired to an indefinite period and enter the probationary period.