SOCIAL AND CULTURAL INNOVATION PROJECT OF THE MUNICIPALITY OF SCANDIANO: REFERENCES, CREATIVITY, PARTICIPATION, STUDY, WORK, TRAINING
Since 2008, the “Made – Warehouse of Experiences” has been a social and cultural innovation project, an idea created by the collaboration between the social cooperation base and the municipality of Scandiano.
Available to ages 13-29 throughout the community, the physical bases of the project are the Scandiano Campus (and via Diaz 18 / b) and the Arceto Youth Room (and via Corrado 1).
Scandiano Polo hosts (#spazimade):
- A study / coworking space for up to 90 workstations, with a dedicated internet line, charging point and differentiated services. The room is divided into two environments: a more “informal” with background music and the possibility of interaction; one soundproofed for more immersive study and work sessions;
- A room for young people, a meeting place with free access, where permanent activities are carried out (meetings of youth clubs, workshops, leisure activities ..) and places and services are provided (internet point, wifi, newspaper library ..). Among the main objectives: “Build relationships” with the local youth, be it individual, informal or formal groups; foster the skills and talents of boys and girls; support their participation in the life of their community (realization of events, initiatives, projects ..)
- Three music rehearsal rooms with recording space (“Davide Cocconcelli”);
- A multipurpose room (“Bruno Casini”) for initiatives of up to 150 people;
- A multipurpose room (“Smart Room”) for initiatives of up to 50 people;
- A technology classroom / Fab Lab for lab activities: Courses in 3D printing, computer science, DJlab, graphics, foreign languages …
THE OPENING HOURS OF THE SCANDIANO MADE POLO
Thanks to the strong synergy between the social enterprise base and the municipality of Scandiano, the study / coworking space of the Giovani Made Project offers 50 weekly opening hours and up to 90 workstations (temporarily reduced only to deal with the Covid pandemic). A “full-time” daytime opening, from Monday to Friday from 9am to 7pm (closed on Saturdays and Sundays), making Polo Made the second room in Reggio Emilia province to study and work.
The bookable shifts (the rules and booking methods are indicated in the ad hoc post on Fb and Ig del Made and in the physical space of the Polo and via Diaz 18 / b) coincide with the opening times:
- from Monday to Friday from 9 am to 2.30 pm (morning shift, led by municipal staff)
- Monday to Friday from 3 pm to 7 pm (noon shift, managed by the staff of the basic company). At the end of the morning shift, the stations are sanitized.
Opening hours increase but the usual service does not change!
The Opening hours of the Polo Made youth room instead they are the following:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 2 pm to 8 pm;
- On Saturdays from 3 pm to 6 pm
THE NETWORK ACTIONS OF THE MADE PROJECT
Thanks to the action of the basic social enterprise in the municipality of Scandiano, the Giovani Made Project has over the years built an active and concrete network with more than forty local entities, including institutions, associations, cooperatives and for / non-profit organizations. Central is the collaboration with the IISS “P. Gobetti”, the secondary and primary schools, the SSU of the Tresinaro Secchia Union, the SerDP and the NPI of Scandiano (Ausl RE), Ifoa Reggio Emilia, the “G. Salvemini” and of “MM Boiardo” Cinema Theater. A networking work that continuously accompanies girls / children both in and out of school.
Interventions designed and managed by the Social Cooperative Base and which have as their primary objectives:
- The contrast of early school leaving and support for study;
- The construction of actions on “situations” of social withdrawal;
- Scholastic / vocational guidance and training;
- Prevention / information on consumption styles and risk behaviors;
- The realization of socially oriented artistic projects: street art interventions in urban redevelopment, installations and guerrilla marketing, video and digital and thematic photo / graphic productions …
- The construction of socio-cultural networking initiatives, open to the public and hosted in the multipurpose spaces of Made Polo: shows, meetings, conferences, workshops …
POLO MADE fact sheet in pdf
For information email@example.com
For real-time updates on all projects and services:
FB Made – Warehouse of experience
IG Made magazine experiences