Mat Notiz Nr. 318 of 4 February concerning: “Ministerial Decree of 18 November 2021, n. 328, concerning “Territorial Support Centers (CTS), pursuant to Article 9, Section 2-bis of the Legislative Decree of 13 April 2017, No. 66”, the MI has indications on the methods for identifying the Territorial Support Centers (CTS) as reference educational institutions for counseling, training, connection and monitoring to support inclusion processes, as well as for the development, dissemination and best use of tools, Teaching aids and new technologies for disability in the application of Ministerial Decree no. 328/21.
The memorandum draws particular attention to the role and functions of the CTS, and describes the purchase and supply of teaching aids and aids for inclusive education, outlining the main phases of operation involving both educational establishments and the regional school office. participate. On this occasion, a few passages from the Directive 27 December 2012, updated accordingly
Role of CTS
The note clarifies that the Directive of 27 December 2012 describes the strategic role of the CTS, which, in addition to providing a basic pole for the purchase and distribution of tools and aids for inclusive education, uses the coordination of the respective regional school offices. , as well as crucial functions in the field of information education on inclusion issues and related learning methodologies for the school community, as well as for counseling services. The CTS informs, among others, teachers, pupils, students and their parents about the technological resources that are available, free of charge and commercially.
In addition to training, as provided for in Article 1 of Decree 328/2021, the provision of the CTS service may consist of advisory activities in favor of the various actors. In this sense, the 2012 Directive also highlights that in order to fully realize the potential of the technologies used, CTS can use the contribution of an expert who identifies the appropriate assistance to use, especially for more complex situations. The CTS therefore provides advice in this area, assists schools in the choice of assistance and accompanies teachers in identifying learning skills or practices that make their use effective. This type of counseling can also involve forms of family collaboration to facilitate study activities at home.
the schools where the CTS is located are engaged in the purchase of aids and aids for inclusive education, which are entrusted to the educational institutions on loan for use, and related services for their better use. The articulated process for providing aids / tools for inclusive education can be described in the following striking phases.
- On the basis of the resources allocated to each CTS by decree of the Directorate-General for Student, Inclusion and School Management, the regional school offices give specific announcements to the school institutes each year, of the first and second cycle of education – state and equal. – who want to use assistive technologies.
- In line with the above call for proposals, educational institutions are preparing projects in the following areas, based on the needs identified in the Individualized Education Plan (IEP):
1) Acquisition on loan for use of teaching aids and technical aids;
2) adaptation or transformation of teaching aids and technical aids already provided to the school;
3) additional services required for the correct use of teaching aids or technical aids.
- Educational institutes transmit the above-mentioned projects to the regional school offices for their evaluation, via the special national web platform – “Teaching tools and aids for the disabled”.
- The projects are evaluated by special commissions set up by the USSR, with the following preparation of rankings.
- The regional school offices transfer the ranking under d) to the CTS of the respective territory, who therefore plan the interventions associated with the selected projects and make the necessary purchases, even if deemed appropriate, to agreements with Aids, typhology centers and / or other specialized centers.
- The aids / tools purchased are entrusted on loan to be used by educational institutes, which welcome students involved in inclusive education projects and pursue the pupil in the passage of the education cycle in the event of a change of school where the conditions remain be fulfilled. continue the associated didactic planning.
- The purchase and distribution of tools / tools is accompanied by the further registration phase of the same through the portal “Tools and teaching aids for the disabled”, contributing to this operation simultaneously updated “National Registry of Tools and Aid Didactics”. The enrollment phase has the main goal of favoring a progressive tracking of the purchased instruments, monitoring their status and life cycle, also as a function of their possible reuse for the benefit of other students. The enrollment and tracking activity is at the same time a useful opportunity to provide schools with information on assistive technologies that are already present in some territorial realities, in order to disseminate innovative inclusive learning methodologies.
The “Tools and Assistive for Disability” portal – accessible to the schools concerned – allows you to find some useful information, both to facilitate operations and to get updates on the status of procedures. For example, through the portal, it is possible to: view the calls published each year by the regional school offices for the acquisition of teaching aids and aids; further, from schools, with the online composition of the project form for participation in regional appeals; consult the provincial ranking of the schools that have presented the projects; manage the stock / archive of registered teaching aids / aids more efficiently by the CTS.
In the exercise of their autonomy and to better respond to the needs of the reference community, CTS educational institutions may be promoters of network agreements or arrangements with other educational institutions, with the social and health services of the territory and / or with other actors. institutional and non-institutional, to work synergistically with the territory for the benefit of the school community.
It is advisable that each CTS school, always on the appropriate link with the relevant Regional School Office, has its own regulations in accordance with the current regulatory framework.
Finally, attention is drawn to what is stated in Article 1, Section 2 of Ministerial Decree 328/2021, which provides that the CTS, in order to optimize the provision of the service, will activate methods of collaboration with the GIT for schools z ‘support. the territory for the processes of
Fulfillment of the UU.SS.RR.
In order to allow the allocation of the financial resources provided for in the implementation of the above-mentioned legislation, the regional school offices are required. a CTS to identify or confirm each province. Please note that in the case of metropolitan areas, CTS can also be identified in numbers greater than one, in view of the territorial complexity and number of schools. The CTS headquarters school institutions can also coincide with the Polo schools for inclusion. For the purpose of identification, Article 2 of the Ministerial Decree shall specify the criteria to be taken into consideration.
The identification of the CTS seat schools – or the constitution of the regional network with the indication of the lead school – must be sent to the e-mail [email protected] until February 20, 2022 to enable the consistent administrative accounting requirements of the current year.