The first teacher education and training courses have been tangled and hidden knots of our education system for several years now. Since section 124 of Law 107/2015 has made it compulsory, permanent and structural, teachers have suffered at least two anomaliescompared to all other workers in the public administration:
- the number of hours of compulsory education in a year was never specified
- it was always strictly provided for from hours of service.
What will change from April 30, 2022, with the approval of the Decree-Law n. 36 “Additional urgent measures for the implementation of the National Recovery and Resilience Plan” (PNRR), which also dictates provisions for education?
The digital competences of teachers: what kind of school do we want after Covid?
Practically nothing, yes: once again no exception: not an amnesty of amnesty, but a strengthening of the two. Participation in the training is voluntary as it stays outside the hours of service.
In the contractual renewal of the National Collective Agreement 2016-2018, training is still considered compulsory only if the teaching body has been adequately approved and, while governance was previously entrusted to the Ministry, since October 2020, the training of teachers’ teachers has been regulated. National Collective Labor Agreement, the latest subscription of which sets out the general criteria for the allocation of resources for the training of teachers and outlines the frame of reference, in which the training activities for teachers for the next three school years (2019/2020 ) can be carried out. , 2020/21, 2021/22).
The novelties of the decree-law n. 36
Articles 44 to 47 of the Decree-Law n. 36 part of Legislative Decree 59/2017, which aims to reorganize, adapt and simplify the system of initial and access training in the roles of secondary teachers:
PREDICTIVE ANALYSIS: because plant attitude has changed. Forever.
- Art. 44. Initial and continuing education of secondary school teachers
- Art. 45. Increase in teaching staff
- Art. 46. Improving the Simplification of the Teacher Recruitment Procedure
- Art. 47. Measures for the implementation of the National Recovery and Resilience Plan in the possession of the Ministry of Education to make it functional for the social and cultural improvement of the profession.
At the address, Minister Bianchi had already announced one Reform of the system for teachers and the birth of a new body in the ministry, with a coordinating role: the high school. Now we see in the decree that it consists of fourteen staff members in a technical-scientific committee (Indire, Invalsi in Italian and foreign universities).
Why is it necessary to create and finance a new organization, always abolishing the funds from the same fund? The latter saw an increase in the apprenticeship contract there were a few tens of euros, in most fortunate cases. Adaptation to the European context should be seen not only in innovative learning environments or in the adoption of new learning methodologies, but also in the encouragement of school professionals who have worked during these difficult years to ensure a coherent educational service.with the difficult historic moment. .
First education, qualification and access to secondary education
The decree then defines the methods of initial training, qualification and access to secondary school teachers by:
- Enabling university courses of initial education (corresponding to at least 60 training credits), with a final examination.
- A national public competition held every year
- One year in service test period with final assessment.
In this way, a course of initial training and qualification of the teachers of the common place, including technical-practical teachers, is introduced from the high schools of the I and II grade.
The objectives of the initial training course
The objectives of this initial secondary education and qualification path are:
- the development of Disciplinary, cultural, pedagogical, didactic and methodological skills with respect to the basic core of knowledge for students;
- the Professional skills as a teacher, in particular pedagogical, relational, evaluative, organizational and technological, integrated in a balanced way with disciplinary knowledge and legal competences (school legislation);
- the ability to design flexible educational pathways adapted to the skills and talents of the students promoted in the school context, to promote critical and conscious learning and the acquisition of skills of the students;
- the ability to perform tasks related to the function of the teacher consciously and with school organization and professional ethics.
All these tasks are already explained in art. 27 of the CCNL, which only lacks management and aerospace skills and then I would say there is more for at least ten other different professions.
Changes for the recruitment of teachers
Article 46 intervenes in accordance with the provisions dictated by Legislative Decree 73/2021 (“support-ter”) to make some changes as far as teachers are concerned.
In particular, it provides that:
- the written test of the competitions may also include a structured test until 31 December 2024 and even more open questions from 1 January 2025;
- the oral exam in addition to the disciplinary knowledge also the didactic and the ability and aptitude to be determined, also to learn through a specific test;
- in competitions, during the passing of the written test, the oral test and the evaluation of qualifications, Formulation of a ranking of teachers who have yet to qualify and who have participated in the competition through the three-year service in public schools or at least 30 ECTS;
- a new section (10th) is introduced in Article 59, which provides the recruitment of contest winners already in possession of the qualification takes place with priority over winners without qualification.
The inconsistency of reflection
Some inconsistencies for which reflection may be necessary are:
- Because it is not specified in which areas the 30 ECTS should be covered University students, leaving the field open to any kind of choice, based on completely subjective and inhomogeneous criteria with respect to the stated goals?
- Because it is up to the schools to manage the wage incentive and especially since only 40% of applicants can access? Once again, instead of acting on the teacher’s career, regulate his development in the contract and state the long-awaited Middle managementthis task is entrusted to the educational institution.
The VI section of the European Court of Justice has, by order of 18 May 2022, also recognized the right of every precarious teacher to benefit from the economic benefit of 500 Euros per year, through the teacher charter, for the update and the training of teachers. It seems now that what has just been recognized as a right for everyone can be taken away from everyone. In short, on the one hand it is further argued that the professionalism of the teacher is first and foremost in the interests of the country, on the other hand the development of this career and the adoption of this role in society are made more complex and cumbersome..
As long as participation in the trainings is on a voluntary basis and associated with a totally limited reward in number and quantity, I doubt the system will ever be able to reap all the expected benefits.
@ALL RIGHTS RESERVED