(AVN) – Venice, July 8, 2022
“In the next three years, the retirement pension of almost 500 OSS is expected in the Ulss companies alone and around 1,100 in the structures of the age and disability sector. Both values are destined to increase in the coming years with the growth of the average age. “and these are not the only indicators that influence the lack of these professional figures in our structures. The region can now provide a further response to this need. An important response, through targeted training to the needs of the territories directly”.
With these words, the Councilor for Health and Social Policy, Manuela Lanzarin, describes the positive impact on the Venetian health of the provision launched by Palazzo Balbi Junta, in which, in order to counteract the lack of OSS, the training offer more flexible specification is counted. in obtaining the qualification certificates issued by the training bodies accredited by the region. An innovation to ensure, among staff, the numbers of support and assistance that are essential for a complete response in personal care in hospitals, in the meantime, in the social and health care structures for the care of the elderly and People with disabilities, as well as in rehabilitation and education.
“Due to the great need for operators, which arise both in hospitals and in territorial structures, the possibility of making training offers more flexible has been evaluated – underlines Commissioner Lanzarin – to further facilitate access to this profession. The courses are organized according to local demands. This allows for contexts that are considered less attractive to reach and to favor the meeting between supply and demand. It is known that the health and social care sector Levels suffer, starting with specialists and nurses. But there is a difficulty that also affects SDGs. With reference to the two-year period 2021/2022, for the Veneto Social Health System, a training need of 1950 qualified operators was estimated and 65 Courses initiated. For the two-year period 2022/2023, we are witnessing an increase in demand “.
In the coming months, new courses for OSS in the territories will be activated – concludes the Councilor – once announced, interested parties must have fulfilled the right and obligation to vocational training and education in accordance with current legislation or to d. “they must be at least 18 years old and have a secondary school license. They will be able to gain access to the training after a selective examination of the candidates through test and interview. There are also principles and criteria for the recognition of educational credits”.
Two training courses are defined:
– Type 1 – OSS
– Type 2 – OSS-IP (professional institutes that address health and social care services and social health services address).
The training is divided into 1,000 hours:
– OSS: 480 hours of training and 520 internships and can last no less than 9 months and more than 18 months.
– OSS-IP: 703 hours of the 283 hours of training, 420 internships and 297 (197 hours of theory and 100 internships) training credits for school visits. Training course no more than 24 months.
Facilities and services and internship hours:
– Hospitalization: from 80 to 100 hours in hospital facilities, community hospital, rehabilitation units, hospice;
– Residence: from 220 to 280 hours in facilities for the elderly;
– Day / community service: from 80 to 100 hours in service for people with disabilities, mental health and addiction, social and educational integration;
– Home or communal housing: 80 to 100 hours of care at home or communal housing.